Sunday, June 17, 2007

Trip To Washington D.C.

Last week we decided that it was our last chance to go on a little family vacation before Owen starts work. In the 4 years we have lived in Philly, we have never been to Washington D.C. so, we took Maggie out of school and spent a couple of days there. The kids were troopers. We were prepared for 2 days of, "I'm tired of walking!" and "This is boring!" But...to our surprise, there wasn't much of that. Drew was a little hard, but the girls did great, and I mean great! I must say that Owen and I did go a little bonkers listening to Maggie in the car. She is a motor mouth and talks a lot of nonsense! I think the best part was that this was a very affordable vacation. Everything is free! --(except for the gas, hotel and food of course)

4 comments:

Lynnette said...

I'm glad you guys got to go! (I hope it made up for your disappointing South Philly trip). Reading your post makes me want to go back and visit before we move, too... one more year and so many places yet to see!

Alyssa said...

Fun trip! I miss the East Coast! Your kids are so cute...and getting so big. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle & Steve said...

It looks like you did just about everything in DC. Definitely one of my very favorite places to visit. Have you moved yet? I can't wait to hear how that goes. It's been too long since we talked, I hope all is well!

Sharisse said...

Looks like a fun vacation! It seems like you guys have been everywhere back east!! I hope you are enjoying Allentown!