Sunday, August 29, 2010

take a look

Take a look to your right--what do you see? It's a school countdown clock with less than 24 hours to go. The day has finally come! It has been a long, busy summer, and frankly, I'm exhausted. We had a lot of fun in Utah for the month of July, and in California last week, but I did these trips all by my lonesome since Owen had school. 4 kids+ all day, every day= crazy mom! No more boredom, teasing, extreme messes, complaining about chores, constantly in the fridge wanting to eat, cooped up inside the house because it's too hot to go outside, and the question of the day, "mom, what are we going to do today?" I'm done! We had a fun summer with lots of action packed adventures, but I'm pooped! Back to schedules, no more sleeping in, packing lunches, lots of homework, big projects and dirty shoes (Vegas is a dirty place.) BRING..IT..ON!

2 comments:

maria said...

Amen, sista. I never believe those ladies who say, "Oh, but I just LOVE having them home..." Yes, we all do. But any woman who is willing to admit that they are human will agree with you--and some may break into song, "It's the most WONDERFUL time of the year!"

Fun seeing you guys this summer!

Sharisse said...

Hi! Miles is really growing up! All of your kids are! I agree with you about school starting! It is nice to have some down time.