Tuesday, June 26, 2012

February in Vegas

Still catching up and will be for a while. Hoping to get completely caught up by the time i leave for Utah next week since I will be there for the whole month of July. Life in Vegas is hot! I have done my share of complaining about the weather here. But...from November 1st until about the beginning of May, it is awesome! The weather is very mild, and I still wear flip flops in the winter sometimes. It never snows, and seldom rains. It rarely is overcast and when it is, I find myself yawning and feeling like doing nothing. I love the fact that it is sunny 350 days a year. There is something about that energy that you get from natural sunlight. I am good to go, go, go all day with projects, errands, the gym, and all the junk my kids do, and I rarely take a nap. But...in October, I am soooo sick of the heat! I want fall. I want the smell of fall. I want leaves falling of the trees, and I want to start wearing sweaters. I want to bake something with apples in it. But, that doesn't happen here. It is still 90+ degrees in October. When November comes, it just cools off, but doesn't feel like fall. ANd when Christmas comes, I want snow, and cozy, and to drink me some hot cocoa on a cold winter day. Nope, we don't get that either. It looks the same, but just a tad cooler. Now it is summer, and we are in the low 100's each day. I think I am used to this heat. Owen and I call each other lizards cause we get cold when it's 60 degrees outside. The heat has not bothered me yet this summer. But, I think it has been mild. Now if we were to get to maybe 115, it may be a different story. Well, now that I've bored you with the weather report, I'll show you some pictures of life in Vegas in February. Miles on his motorcycle AUdrey on her scooter The kids at the park waiting for Maggie to get out of Blue Cat group. Drew and his wild friend Jacob at our house. Audrey loves our trampoline. TOo bad it's so hot now that it doesn't get jumped on. But in the winter/spring, she lived on it.

No comments: