Sunday, June 10, 2012

An attempt to catch up.

Now that school is out, and I don't have anymore major projects to help the kids with, I think I may attempt to update by blog. I went looking through my pictures and realized how behind I really was. Here we go.... Presidents Day! I know, this was only 4 months ago. We went to Utah for Presidents Day and had a great time. Right before we went, I had an unexpected ectopic pregnancy. It was pretty scary, and according to the Dr. it was really bad. It had burst into my abdomen and I was on the verge of bleeding to death. the strange thing is that I didn't even know that it was that bad until after my surgery--which by the way, they had to take one of my tubes for obvious reasons. I had been spotting for 2 weeks, but thought I was just having an irregular period. I never thought I could actually be pregnant. Then on Friday, I tried to get into my family Dr. Since I didn't have an OB, and He couldn't see me. I thought I'd wait it out over the weekend and go in on Monday. That night I decided to take a pregnancy test which was positive and so I just assumed I was having a miscarriage. The next day I was humped over the toliet in pain, chills and nauseous. I decided I better go to the ER with a little push from my friend Cherie who I really think was God sent. She had had an ectopic before, and I think she knew that's what was going on. I farmed the kids out and Owen took the rest of the day off and took me to the ER. Sure enough, that's what it was, and 8 hours later and $30,000 I went home. We were stressed becuase my insurance doesn't cover anything pregnancy related, but they were nice and payed $25,000 of it. So....the reason I post this is because exactly a week later, we were in Utah and my friend Maria and her family were going tubing at soldiers hollow. Owen was going to take the kids and I was feeling so left out. So I sucked it up and went. I felt fine, but some of those hills were a little bumpy! Afterwards we went to lunch and then to The Homestead to swim in the crater which I wasn't able to do. But I would hands down go tubing again. Having a tow rope take you back to the top with 6 different paths to go on makes it well worth it! Audrey on the Tow rope Drew on the tow rope Drew and Gavin Audrey and Kesley The Lovebirds The Fam! Drew being Drew funny shot of Drew running to the crater in his moon boots The crater Everyone except for me! You're welcome for taking your picture! It was Hot in there!

3 comments:

The homestead said...

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Glad that everything turned out ok. Love the pictures!

Nielsen Family News said...

Holly that is so scary- I am glad that you are ok!
I have never gone up to the Homestead to do that, it looks like a great time!

Eric and Caralee said...

That is so scary Holly, I'm so glad you are okay!