Sunday, August 26, 2007

What's been happening....


Well...what to say about our uneventful life here in Allentown. We've been here almost 2 months now, and it's been a transition for us. Leaving lots of good friends and familiar surroundings in Philly, and starting from scratch here. Allentown still feels like a big circle to me, and I'm not as adventerous as I was in Philly about exploring the surroundings. We spend a lot of time at home, and I hope that I haven't bored the kids too much. Someone at church reminded me that school starts next week. It took me off gaurd because I honestly didn't realize it was that time already! Part of me is sad that my time with Maggie and Audrey with not a care in the world is over until next summer, but more of me is happy that I'm not going to have to entertain 24/7. Now they can go out and make some friends and have a little more stimulation than boring ol mom who cleans all day.
So this summer in Pennsylvania has been the strangest summer--that is the weather. We've had some unusual chilly days, usually it's hot and very humid. Last week, we had 4 straight days of rain and cold. But by the weekend it warmed up to a nice 97 and humid day. On Friday evening, we went to some friends to play games. I had one of the young women come over to baby-sit. Ok, so I've never hired a babysitter before--in Philly we always did trades and it was great! I had to drive 20 minutes to pick her up--each way, then drive 20 min to our destination--each way, then when we got home, the babysitter was passed out on the couch.--I woke her up and she sat up and looked at me, and then layed back down and went back to sleep. Well, it was 11:00, but I still had to drive her home. I did get her to wake up at least. Maybe I do miss those trades, they weren't so bad!
Owen took the girls fishing on Saturday. They were gone most of the day and came home wearing only their underwear. I guess they had a little pool party at the pond. So, while they were gone, it was just Drew and I--which he enjoyed. While I was in the shower, he managed to get into my camcorder home movies--my fault for leaving them out, and ripped one of them up. It was devistating, but really my fault. And to top it off, he came in and threw 3 of his books into the shower with me. What a little devil!
So today is Sunday and Maggie pulled her front tooth out. It's been loose for a while, but I think OWen helped it out a little for her. She looks different--there is a big hole there with no signs of the new tooth coming in. The other one is loose, so depending how long it takes for those teeth to grow back in, she may be singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth."

2 comments:

Michelle & Steve said...

What are you doing for school for Audrey this year? Crazy that you will have lots more of those moments with just you and Drew pretty soon!!

Since our move, we hang out a lot at home too - I feel the same way about not being as adventurous as I was in Philly, but I guess it was like this when I was new there too, so maybe it will come...

Alyssa said...

Awesome!! When I was in first grade I was one of three kids that got to go up in front of the whole school and show off my toothless grin while they sang the song at the Christmas assembly!!