Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Where are We?






Have you ever heard of a little town called Jim Thorpe, Pa? Sounds like a strange name for a city, and it actually reminds me of my OBGYN in Utah--his name was Dr. Jeff Thorpe. It's actually a beautiful little place up near the Poconos. Last Saturday we took a little day trip up there with our friends the Coburns. We visited a little butterfly museam where they taught you all about butterflies and cocoons. They even succored Owen into voluntering himself to dress up as a butterfly. Afterwards we went into a special butterfly room where all the butterflies were flying amongst you. They would land on your head and crawl on your fingers. It really was beautiful! Afterwards we walked to streets of Jim thorpe, and had dinner.

3 comments:

Lynnette said...

I have heard of Jim Thorpe - named after the athlete, I assume? - but I didn't know there was anything cool there. The butterfly muesum looks so fun!

Amber said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I think that would be totally cool to have butterflys land on you. Love the pics.

Michelle & Steve said...

Wow! See all the great things about living in Allentown? I'm a little jealous that you are still able to be adventuring out East!!